Saturday, June 29, 2013

What Did You Say?!?!?!?

On Monday in class we talked about communication. Communication is super important in so many aspects of life. Communication to me is key in a relationship/marriage. There are three types of media. They are words, tone, and non-verbal (this would be body language). In class we discussed what percent of each of those would make 100%. Our teacher told us that 14% is words, 35% is tone, and 51% is non-verbal. For the most part I agree. I would say the nonverbal and tone would be a little more. I know in my communication with my boyfriend those two mean pretty much everything. We have gotten into disagreements about things that have been said because of the way they were said and as well as the body language. We like to roll our eyes sometimes. Hahaha. One topic that stuck out to me was sarcasm. I feel that I am a very sarcastic person. But with the discussion in class, I learned that sarcasm can be a bad thing. My teacher explained it as the words going one way while the truth is going the opposite way. I also would agree that communication is based on experiences. If you had a situation when you communicated in a way that did not work you would not use the same communication if the situation came up again. One other topic I feel really hit home with me and that was venting. I am a HUGE venter. And I learned that I should not vent. Nothing good comes from venting, and looking back at times where I have vented, that statement is true. So that will be hard task to overcome but with the help of the Lord, I can overcome anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment