Saturday, June 8, 2013

27,000...NO THANK YOU

This week in class was great. Let's be honest, every week in this class is great. I feel like this week in class has helped me out a ton in my personal life. This week we talked about the tasks accomplished early in marriage that lead to the wedding. So basically there are things that need to happen before the marriage. One is a wise engagement process. I need to make decisions together, my boyfriend and I are in the early stages of this process. Sometimes it can be difficult to make decisions together. We also need to plan together. I like when Brother Williams said that wedding decisions/ details are mutually determined, not just "yes dear". I think that it will make things go a lot smoother. Also it is crazy to me that an average American wedding costs $27,000. I personally think that is ridiculous. With my sisters wedding my entire family and my brother-in-laws helped with the cost. And I plan to have delegate people to help with certain things. There are also many things that need to be done. One thing that really stood out is that people need to focus more in the sealing and not the reception. I plan to have my reception that day after my sealing. I am looking forward to being sealed for time and all eternity to my future husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment