Friday, July 5, 2013

Fathers.

This week in class we talked a lot about fathers. Sometimes this can be a sensitive subject for me. My father was not around a whole bunch while I was growing up. I can remember he usually seeing him on Thanksgiving and sometimes on Christmas. I would only hear from him on my birthday. As I look back on him not being there, I can see some outcomes of it. One being me always wanting attention or a sense of trust from a male figure. My grandparents raised and my grandpa was like a father figure but it still was not the same as if my father was around. When I started dating, I would date really anyone who I felt would give me the attention that I longed for. I now have had this realization for a while now and can caution myself when dating. All this makes me want to find that right man who will be an amazing father to my children. I do not want my children to have the experience that I had. Something we also discussed in class was about dual incomes. Basically it is not good to have a dual income. You spend more money to have babysitters or what not. This kind of makes me happy because I have always wanted to stay at home mother. I hope that I will be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment